- 4 McFadden Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 C. Olive oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped Fine
- 1/2 tsp. McFadden Chili Flakes
- 1 Green Bell pepper, chopped
- 1 TBS Red-Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp McFadden Seafood Blend
- 1 McFadden Bay Leaf
- 1 C Good red wine like our Blue Quail Zinfandel or Pinot Noir
- A 28- 32 oz. can of whole tomatoes including juice, pureed coarse
- 1 TBS Tomato Paste
- 2 Lbs live hard-shell crab
- 12 Small hard-shell clams, scrubbed well
- 1/2 Lb Medium shrimp, shelled, leaving tails and first joint intact
- 1/2 Lb Sea Scallops
1 Lb Scrod or other white fish fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2TBS Minced fresh Parsley leaves
- In a heavy kettle (at least 5 quarts) cook garlic in oil over moderate heat, stirring until pale golden. Add onion and cook, stirring until softened. Add vinegar and boil until evaporated. Add wine, Seafood Herb and Bay Leaf. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in tomato puree and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Add crabs and clams, simmer covered for 15-20 minutes. Checking often and transferring clams to a bowl with tongs as they open (Discard unopened ones).
- Transfer crabs with tongs to cutting board and remove top shells, adding any crab liquid to soup. Halve or Quarter crabs (depending on size) and reserve, with any additional liquid, in a bowl.
- Add shrimp, scallops, and fish to soup and simmer coveres 5 minutes, or until seafood is just cooked through. Stir in gently, the crabs with liquid, and clams. Sprinkle with parsley.