McFadden Wild Rice Stuffing
1 box McFadden Farm Wild Rice
1 ½ cups Basmati Brown Rice
3 ½ cups Chicken Broth
1 pound Raw Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
½ stick Butter
4 TBS Olive Oil
2 med sized Yellow Onions
10 cloves McFadden Farm Garlic
6 stalks Celery
1 pound White Button Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to taste
• Prepare McFadden Wild Rice following directions on the box. Reserve in a (VERY) large bowl.
• Bring Chicken Broth to boil, add Basmati Brown Rice, stirring, return to boil, reduce heat to low simmer, cover, cook 50 minutes. Remove from heat. Let rest 5 minutes. Drain as necessary. Add to large bowl.
• Cook Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage in large, heavy, deep skillet on medium heat, breaking it up, until cooked through and browned. Add to large bowl.
• Slice Yellow Onions, McFadden Garlic cloves, Celery, and Mushrooms.
• Add Butter and 2 TBS Olive Oil to Skillet previously used, return to medium heat, add Onion and stirring frequently cook 1 minute, then add Garlic and cook 30 seconds while stirring, then add Celery and cook for 10-12 minutes until soft – don’t forget to stir frequently. Add to large bowl.
• Add last 2 TBS Olive Oil to skillet. Add White Button mushrooms and cook 5 minutes while stirring, then cover and cook 2 additional minutes. Add to large bowl.
• Stir, stir, stir with a big strong wooden spoon. Serve it up warm and enjoy!